Midwifery Technical Advisor
About Afghan Midwives Association:
Afghan Midwives Association (AMA)
The AMA is the technical body for midwifery education, professional development and policies that enable every midwife in Afghanistan so midwives can practice the highest level of care for the mothers and new born of the country. The AMA is a member of key national and international forums. For example, AMA is an active member of the Human Resource Development Task Force, National Reproductive Health Task Force, The Maternal New Born Health committee, Afghan Women Network and Secretariat for National Nursing and Midwifery Steering Committee. Similarly, at regional and international level AMA is an active member of the International Confederation of Midwives (ICM), White Ribbon Alliance (WRA) for the safe motherhood and women empowerment; also member of the Asia Midwifery Regional Resource Centre.
The overall purpose of this position is to technically lead the program as a part of supports to executive director. she will also have key role to coordinate activities.
The Midwifery advisor role is mainly to coordinate with donor and implement the project according to implementation plan.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Under the direction of the Executive Director, coordinate with the team on project implementation
• Playing a lead role in implementation of project.
• Review and finalize the practice standard of midwifery based on ICM competences with close coordination of MoPH, ANMC.
• Review and finalize the TOR of midwifery.
• Establishment of National task force committee (AMA, ANMC, AFIAT, MoPH, Midwifery stakeholders) With close coordination of MoPH.
• Conduct consultation workshop and finalization workshop for National Task Force Committee.
• Facilitate the translation of curriculum in national languages (Dari, Pashto) and dissemination of translated curriculum.
• Conduct the Instructional design training for Kabul and regions.
• Conduct the Preceptorship training
• Contribution of pre service midwifery curriculum.
• Review the mentorship package to insure the WHO new recommendation for intra partum care and RMC and integrate the nutrition services related to mothers and new born to AMA mentorship package).
• Conduct an orientation training to AFIAT and AMA mentors.
• Contribute AMA technical advisor in developing the strategy for continue professional development plan.
• Technical support for establishment of virtual university with AFIAT.
• Conduct the National symposium for recognition of CME midwives in Afghanistan health system.
• Meet with the donor as directed by the Executive Director.
• Complete first draft of quarterly and annual reports and demand reporting for project
• Coordinate project management activities, resources, equipment and information.
• Analyze risks and opportunities.
• Oversee project procurement management.
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports.
• Ensure standards and requirements are met through conducting quality assurance tests.
• Certified midwife – related higher education degree is an advantage.
• At least 5 years of experience in Family planning, maternal and newborn health
• Ability to work successfully in teams, across a diverse team in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
• Strong skills in facilitation, team building and coordination
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including strong writing, analytical and communication skills in Dari, Pashtu and English (preferable)
• Experience working with Microsoft Office software applications (Excel, Word, Outlook Explorer, Power Point) is advantageous
• Committed and willingness to travel to 5 cities
• Possess strong analytical and supervisory skill.
• Able to manage the team.
• Good communications skill both in writing and oral in English and Dari.
• Having previous experience with health project implementation in international organization will be an advantage.
Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum three pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience;
To apply online please send your application / CV
Subject line must be: (Midwifery Technical Advisor / AMA– #45-6-2022) otherwise your application may not have considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.
Job number: AMA– #45-6-2022
Duty station: Kabul, AMA Main Office
Application deadline: 18 June 2022