AMA Strategic Components
1-Advocacy and partnership with womenStrategic Objectives:
- Implement advocacy activities midwifery profession to ensure the provision of highest level of midwifery services.
- Conduct and collaborate for safe motherhood activities.
- Collaborate with partners for women empowerment activities
2-Sustainability as an organization Strategic Objectives:
- Strengthen leadership, management and governance capacity of the Afghan Midwives Association
- Develop financial sustainability plan for the AMA/OAM
3-Education, training, professional & career development Strategic Objectives:
- Recognize nationally as technical body for midwifery education including pre and in- service education
- Strengthen technical capacity of midwives to enable the highest quality midwifery care according to ICM code of ethics and core competencies
- Conduct advocacy activities for direct entry and bridging midwifery education program with the Kabul Medical University and Private University
- Provide technical support for direct entry or bridging midwifery education program (as and when required by any authorized entity)
4-Establishment of Regulatory Body Strategic Objectives:
- Follow – up for the approval of Act
- Facilitate approval of Council’s strategic plan