|Job title||Project Coordinator|
|Immediate Line Manager||Executive Director|
|Staff reporting to this post:||Project technical team|
|Internal Coordination||Executive director, Operation Coordinator, Admin and Finance, Project Team|
Afghan Midwives Association (AMA)
The AMA is the technical body for midwifery education, professional development, and policies that enable every midwife in Afghanistan so midwives can practice the highest level of care for the mothers and newborns of the country. The AMA is a member of key national and international forums. For example, AMA is an active member of the Human Resource Development Task Force, National Reproductive Health Task Force, The Maternal Newborn Health committee, Afghanistan Midwifery & Nursing Education and Accreditation Board, Afghan Women Network, and Secretariat for National Nursing and Midwifery Steering Committee. Similarly, at the regional and international level, AMA is an active member of the International Confederation of Midwives (ICM), White Ribbon Alliance (WRA) for safe motherhood and women empowerment, also member of the Asia Midwifery Regional Resource Centre.
Closing Date 13 Nov 2022
Vacancy Number: AMA- # 55-11-2022
The overall purpose of this position is to technically lead the program as a part of support to the executive director. She will also have a key role to coordinate activities.
The project coordinator’s role is mainly to coordinate with donors and implement the project according to the implementation plan.
- Under the direction of the Executive Director, Coordinate with the Technical officer on project implementation
- Regularly monitor the implementation of AMA mentorship project, travel, and communicate directly with project implementers and beneficiaries.
- Manage the logistics of AMA assigned projects.
- Present at AMA staff meetings when necessary
- Support the Executive Director on proposal development as necessary
- Meet with the donor as directed by the Executive Director.
- Complete the first draft of quarterly and annual reports and demand reporting for projects
- Identify success stories and conduct interviews and generate the first draft when necessary
- 50% traveling province
- Collect the mentorship project tools of first-line midline and end-line assessments and enter them into the database
- Conduct on-the-job training for mentors
- Provides technical support to mentors
- Coordinate project management activities, resources, equipment, and information
- Liaise with related stockholders to identify and define requirements, scope, and objectives
- Assign tasks to mentorship staff, and mentors and assist with schedule management
- Analyse risks and opportunities
- Oversee project procurement management
- Monitor project progress in targeted HFs and provinces and handle any issues that arise
- Issue all appropriate legal paperwork (e.g. contracts and terms of the agreement)
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans, and reports
- Ensure standards and requirements are met through conducting quality assurance tests.
- Graduated from the approved Afghanistan Midwifery Program recognized by the Ministry of Public Health (MOPH) or Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE)
- At least 3-year management in the implementation of Project
- Must be a committed member of AMA.
- At least 5 years of clinical experience in maternal, new-born health and family planning
- Update knowledge on QA, BEmoNC, and ETS.
- Strong Management skills.
- Strong communication and team-building skills
- Fluency in English language and local languages Dari and Pashto
- Proficient in decision-making skills
- Strong ability of monitoring and supervision based on mentorship cycles.
- Having model professional behavior attitude and appearance consistent with international midwifery standards.
- Able to conduct coordination meetings with stack holders and provincial levels (PPHD, PPHS, and EPHS)
- Having a strong commitment to the midwifery profession
Skills and Behaviors: AMA Values in Practice
- Ensure that you work to the best of your ability and demonstrate high levels of commitment to AMA Afghanistan in order to ensure the objectives of your role.
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of AMA resources in order to keep costs low and ensure safety in the workplace
- Other duties as directed