About Afghan Midwives Association:
The AMA is the technical body for midwifery education, professional development and policies that enable every midwife in Afghanistan so midwives can practice the highest level of care for the mothers and new born of the country. The AMA is a member of key national and international forums. For example AMA is an active member of the Human Resource Development Task Force, National Reproductive Health Task Force, The Maternal New born Health committee, Afghanistan Midwifery & Nursing Education and Accreditation Board, Afghan Women Network and Secretariat for National Nursing and Midwifery Steering Committee. Similarly, at regional and international level AMA is an active member of the International Confederation of Midwives (ICM), White Ribbon Alliance (WRA) for the safe motherhood and women empowerment; also member of the Asia Midwifery Regional Resource Centre.
Summary scope of work:
• To report all her field activities to the AMA project coordinator.
• To ensure the technical quality of project implementation, communications and public outreach.
• To model and uphold AMA values in coordination with the AMA staff.
• To provide technical support to the mentors and mentee
Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsibilities of Technical assistant:
• Regularly monitor the implementation of projects in targeted Provinces
• Communicate directly with mentorship project coordinator, mentors and beneficiaries at the provincial level.
Under direction of the project coordinator, able to follow all the relevant operations process (procurement request form, vehicle request form, and participate in the quotation committee) inside the office.
• Participate at AMA staff meetings regularly.
• Support the project coordinator on work plan development
• Participate at AMA activities assigned by the AMA Executive Director
• Complete the first draft of each external assessment report and demand reporting as an assigned project under the direction of project coordinator if necessary
• Assist with project coordinator to Identify success stories, conducting interviews and generating the first draft when necessary.
• Arranges and attends required training and meetings both inside and outside the AMA Office
• Develops comprehensive work plan, structure in coordination with project coordinator.
• Conduct field visits (join monitoring and end line assessment) in targeted province (Daykundi and Nooristan) and provide technical assistance to the mentors.
• Assist in implementation of all technical activities of the project according to the AMA mission.
• Enter mentorship project tools to mentorship database
• Carries out any other duties assigned by the Supervisor.
• Prepare monthly action plan and monthly report.
• Maintain comprehensive project documentation (reports)
• Ensure that you work to the best of your ability and demonstrate high levels of commitment to AMA Afghanistan in order to ensure the objectives of your role.
• Ensure the effective and efficient use of AMA resources in order to keep costs low and ensure safety in the workplace
• Other duties as directed
• Certified midwife from approved Afghanistan Midwifery Program that recognized by Ministry of Public Health (MOPH) or Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE).
• Must be a committed member of AMA.
• At least 5-years’ clinical experience in maternal, new-born health and family planning
• Update knowledge on QA, BEmoNC and ETS.
• Strong clinical teaching experience
• Strong communication and team building skills
• Fluency in local languages Dari and Pashto, English essential
• Proficient in clinical decision-making skills
• Ability to promote positive work environment between relevant midwives and their workplace
• Having model professional behavior, attitude and appearance consistent with international midwifery standards.
• Having previse experience in management preferable
• Having strong commitment to midwifery profession
• Able to draft report and update mentorship database
• Able to use Microsoft office (word, excel, outlook)
• Able to work in rural area.
Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum three pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience;
To apply online please send your application / CV
Subject line must be: (Technical Assistant / AMA– #40-3-2022) otherwise your application may not have considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.
Job number: AMA– #40-3-2022
Duty station: Kabul, AMA Main Office
Application deadline: 16 March 2022