Position Title: Mentor
|Job Location:||Faryab Ghazni Ghowr Helmand Khost Nangarhar Parwan|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary:||Based on NTA salary scale|
|Vacancy Number:||AMA– #49-8-2022|
|No. Of Jobs:||7|
|Organization:||Afghan Midwives Association|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||One Year|
|Education:||Registered Midwife, Bachelor degree is preferred.|
About Afghan Midwives Association:
Afghan Midwives Association (AMA)
The AMA is the technical body for midwifery education, professional development and policies that enable every midwife in Afghanistan so midwives can practice the highest level of care for the mothers and new born of the country. The AMA is a member of key national and international forums. For example AMA is an active member of the Human Resource Development Task Force, National Reproductive Health Task Force, The Maternal New born Health committee, Afghanistan Midwifery & Nursing Education and Accreditation Board, Afghan Women Network and Secretariat for National Nursing and Midwifery Steering Committee. Similarly, at regional and international level AMA is an active member of the International Confederation of Midwives (ICM), White Ribbon Alliance (WRA) for the safe motherhood and women empowerment; also member of the Asia Midwifery Regional Resource Centre.
Summary Scope of Work:
- To report all her field activities to the Midwives Advisor and MSH-Provincial Manager.
- To model and uphold AMA values in coordination with the AMA and MSH team.
- To provide technical support to the newly graduate midwives and midwives with poor skills at specific in professional midwives skills those who are as mentees and HFs/Midwife.
- Ensure and focused on quality services in midwifery profession.
- Implement the assigned responsibilities under the direction of the AMA Office and MSH-provincial performance officer.
- Conduct regularly on the job mentoring through clinical consultation, assisting to problem-solve and helping them with direct patient care as needed to new graduated midwives and midwives with poor skilled at specific in professional midwives skills.
- Conduct the baseline assessment to address the gaps in mentee performance.
- Develop action plan for mentees based on gaps analysis to address the gaps in mentee performance.
- Communication with mentee and head of clinic to make an enabling environment for mentee and set the daily target for each learning session.
- Filling the mentorship tools based on actual data or information.
- The clinical mentor will use guidance from mentorship tools and methodology and provide the high quality services on the terms and conditions of mentorship project implementation.
- Promote and encourage mentees to provide services according to national standards and guidelines.
- Documents/attendance sheet, tools and report shall include the total number of days worked and a brief description of services provided for each visit.
- Role model behavior and practices (e.g. Respectful Maternity Care)
- Ensure adequate and organized record keeping of activities including mentoring plans, implementation progress, mentoring visits, completed tools, attendance sheet and other related documents are recorded at the targeted HFs.
- Share records with AMA office after the completion of each visit.
- Write and submit timely reports as required including key issues, achievements, successes, challenges and lessons learned with AMA office and MSH-provincial performance officer and AMA focal point in provincial levels.
- Follow up the gaps in each visit to ensure the improvement of the findings.
- Regular coordination and communication with MSH-provincial performance officer and AMA focal point.
- Participate in mentors meetings.
- Attend to RMNCAH committee meetings with provincial focal point and provide the progress of mentorship in targeted health facilities based on need.
- Conduct the end line assessment to measure the progress for improving the midwives performance.
- Registered Midwife, Bachelor degree is preferred.
- Three years’ experience in similar position desirable.
- Ability to travel to the health facilities in side of province.
- Good communication skill both in writing and oral in Dari/Pashtu essential.
- Two positive references from previous employers or educators.
- Ability to communicate clearly and work well with others in a team environment.
- Strong commitment to midwifery profession and Afghan Midwifery Association.
Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum three pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience;
To apply online please send your application / CV