Position Title: Midwife Head
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary:||Based On NTA Salary Scale|
|Vacancy Number:||AMA– # 48-7-2022|
|No. Of Jobs:||1|
|Organization:||Afghan Midwives Association|
|Years of Experience:||Three years’ experience in similar position desirable.|
|Contract Duration:||3 Months might be extendable|
|Education:||Registered Midwife, Bachelor degree is preferred.|
About Afghan Midwives Association:
Afghan Midwives Association (AMA)The AMA is the technical body for midwifery education, professional development and policies that enable every midwife in Afghanistan so midwives can practice the highest level of care for the mothers and new born of the country. The AMA is a member of key national and international forums. For example AMA is an active member of the Human Resource Development Task Force, National Reproductive Health Task Force, The Maternal New born Health committee, Afghan Women Network and Secretariat for National Nursing and Midwifery Steering Committee. Similarly, at regional and international level AMA is an active member of the International Confederation of Midwives (ICM), White Ribbon Alliance (WRA) for the safe motherhood and women empowerment; also member of the Asia Midwifery Regional Resource Centre.
Plan, organize and evaluate the activities concerning his/her field of action and the team associated, according to AMA values, policies and protocols and MLMCC health standards, in order to warrant the quality and continuity of the health care.
- Leading all the activities inside the MLMCC.
- Carry out the functions and tasks associated to his/her specialty whenever required or needed, in order to optimize the resources, contributing with her knowledge and experience.
- Implement all the protocols and hygiene procedures, and supervise her team to follow the same standards, in order to warrant the quality of the care and service in her specialty.
- Carry out and/or supervise the (decentralized) pharmacy and medical equipment management (drugs orders, follow-up of the stock, storage conditions, inventories, follow-up of expired drugs and their destruction, drugs consumption, etc.) in her department, in order to satisfy the needs of material with efficiency and effectiveness.
- Carry out and/or coordinate administrative (exit-paper, transfer-paper, etc.), information and data collection (patient files, forms, statistics, etc.) tasks, and elaborate regular reporting, in order to have updated and reliable information about the day-to-day activity in the project, output/outcome and support decision-making.
- Give regular feedback to the line manager and report directly any issue or incident.
- In order to ensure the coverage of the human resources needs and maintain high standards of quality, organize and coordinate the activities of the team supervised (week’s schedule, annual leave, absences, etc.), communicate with the HR officer all relevant information in due time, evaluate performance, define and ensure the needs for training.
- Perform hands-on tasks as part of the team whenever required or needed in order to optimize the resources and to contribute with her knowledge and experience.
- Participate in MLMCC/hospital morning and monthly meetings.
- Participation in MNDSR committee meetings.
- Collection of daily report from midwife supervisor.
- Prepare weekly report and share with project manager.
- Prepare monthly report and share with project manager and HMIS focal point of Jannah hospital.
- Able to compare the achievements with targets and control the job overload affect the quality of care.
- Able to provide useful and-time solutions for the required challenge.
- Able to find the MLMCC problems and gapes and take proper action regarding the issues.
- Able to track every individual client of MLMCC information.
- MLMCC midwife head is in the same level as a midwife.
Skills and Behaviours: AMA Values in Practice
Competencies– Commitment to AMA Values: Demonstrates knowledge of and accepts AMA values.
– Cross-cultural Awareness: Demonstrates an open attitude.
– Behavioural Flexibility: Adapts behaviour to the needs of the situation.
– Stress Management: Manages own stress.
– Results and Quality Orientation: Performs her work.
– Service Orientation: Responds empathetically to clients and understands their concerns/need.
– Planning and Organizing: She organizes her work well and on time.
– Teamwork and Cooperation: Acknowledges the importance of teamwork and cooperation.
- Ensure that you work to the best of your ability and demonstrate high levels of commitment to AMA Afghanistan in order to ensure the objectives of your role.
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of AMA resources in order to keep costs low and ensure safety in the workplace.
- Other duties as directed.
- Registered Midwife, Bachelor degree is preferred.
- Two years’ experience in similar position desirable.
- Good communication skill both in writing and oral in Dari/Pashtu essential.
- Communication skill in English oral and written desirable.
- Two positive references from previous employers or educators.
- Ability to communicate clearly and work well with others in a team environment.
- Strong commitment to midwifery profession and Afghan Midwifery Association.
Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum three pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience;
To apply online please send your application / CV
Subject line must be: (Midwife Head / AMA– #48-7-2022) otherwise your application may not have considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.
Job number: AMA– #48-7-72022
Duty station: Kabul
Application deadline: 03, August, 2022