Position Title: Midwife Supervisor
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary:||Based on NTA salary scale|
|Vacancy Number:||AMA– # 52-10-2022|
|No. Of Jobs:||2|
|Organization:||Afghan Midwives Association|
|Years of Experience:||3 years’ experience in similar position desirable|
|Contract Duration:||One Year|
|Education:||Registered Midwife, bachelor degree is preferred|
About Afghan Midwives Association:
Afghan Midwives Association (AMA)
The AMA is the technical body for midwifery education, professional development and policies that enable every midwife in Afghanistan so midwives can practice the highest level of care for the mothers and new born of the country. The AMA is a member of key national and international forums. For example AMA is an active member of the Human Resource Development Task Force, National Reproductive Health Task Force, The Maternal New born Health committee, Afghan Women Network and Secretariat for National Nursing and Midwifery Steering Committee. Similarly, at regional and international level AMA is an active member of the International Confederation of Midwives (ICM), White Ribbon Alliance (WRA) for the safe motherhood and women empowerment; also member of the Asia Midwifery Regional Resource Centre.
- Carry out the functions and tasks associated to his/her specialty whenever required or needed, in order to optimize the resources, contributing with his/her knowledge and experience
- Implement all the protocols and hygiene procedures, and supervise his/her team follow the same standards, in order to warrant the quality of the care and service in his/her specialty
- Carry out and/or supervise the (decentralized) pharmacy and medical equipment management (drugs orders, follow-up of the stock, storage conditions, inventories, follow-up of expired drugs and their destruction, drugs consumption, etc.) in his or her department, in order to satisfy the needs of material with efficiency and effectiveness
- Give regular feedback to the Midwife head and report directly any issue or incident.
- Perform hands on tasks as part of the team whenever required or needed in order to optimize the resources and to contribute with his/her knowledge and experience.
- Participate in MLMCC / hospital monthly meetings.
- Participation in MNDSR committee meetings.
- Collection of daily report from staff (from midwife, interns and registration books)
- Prepare weekly report and share with midwife head.
- Prepare monthly report and share with midwife head.
- Able to provide useful and on time solutions for the required challenge.
- Able to track every individual client of MLMCC information.
- MLMCC midwife supervisor is in the same level as midwife
- Registered Midwife, Bachelor degree is preferred
- one year experience in similar position desirable
- Good communication skill both in writing and oral in Dari/Pashtu essential
- Communication skill in English oral and written desirable
- Two positive references from previous employers or educators.
- Ability to communicate clearly and work well with others in a team environment
- Strong commitment to midwifery profession and Midwifery Association
Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum three pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience;
To apply online please send your application / CV
Subject line must be: (Midwife Supervisor/AMA– #52-10-2022) otherwise your application may not have considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.