|Date Posted:||Jan 9, 2022||Reference:||AMA-#34-1-2022|
|Closing Date:||Jan 16, 2022||Work Type:||Full-Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Female|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scale||Years of Experience:||3 – 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)||Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Project Based||Probation Period:||3 months|
|Required Languages:||Dari, Pashto, English|
About Afghan Midwives Association:
Afghan Midwives Association
The AMA is the technical body for midwifery education, professional development and policies that enable every midwife in Afghanistan so midwives can practice the highest level of care for the mothers and new born of the country. The AMA is a member of key national and international forums. For example, AMA is an active member of the Human Resource Development Task Force, National Reproductive Health Task Force, The Maternal New Born Health committee, Afghan Women Network and Secretariat for National Nursing and Midwifery Steering Committee. Similarly, at regional and international level AMA is an active member of the International Confederation of Midwives (ICM), White Ribbon Alliance (WRA) for the safe motherhood and women empowerment; also member of the Asia Midwifery Regional Resource Centre.
Plan, organize and evaluate the activities concerning his/her field of action and the team associated, according to AMA values, policies and protocols and MLMCC health standards, in order to warrant the quality and continuity of the health care.
- Carry out the functions and tasks associated to his/her specialty whenever required or needed, in order to optimize the resources, contributing with his/her knowledge and experience
- Implement all the protocols and hygiene procedures, and supervise his/her team follow the same standards, in order to warrant the quality of the care and service in his/her specialty
- Carry out and/or supervise the (decentralized) pharmacy and medical equipment management (drugs orders, follow-up of the stock, storage conditions, inventories, follow-up of expired drugs and their destruction, drugs consumption, etc.) in his or her department, in order to satisfy the needs of material with efficiency and effectiveness
- Give regular feedback to the Midwife head and report directly any issue or incident.
- Perform hands on tasks as part of the team whenever required or needed in order to optimize the resources and to contribute with his/her knowledge and experience.
- Participate in MLMCC / hospital monthly meetings.
- Participation in MNDSR committee meetings.
- Collection of daily report from staff (from midwife, interns and registration books)
- Prepare weekly report and share with midwife head.
- Prepare monthly report and share with midwife head.
- Able to provide useful and on time solutions for the required challenge.
- Able to track every individual client of MLMCC information.
- MLMCC midwife supervisor is in the same level as midwife
Skills and Behaviours: AMA Values in Practice
– Commitment to AMA Values: Demonstrates knowledge of and accepts AMA values
– Cross-cultural Awareness: Demonstrates an open attitude
– Behavioural Flexibility: Adapts behaviour to the needs of the situation
– Stress Management: Manages own stress
– Results and Quality Orientation: Performs his/her work
– Service Orientation: Responds empathetically to clients and understands their concerns/needs
– Planning and Organizing: She organizes her work
– Teamwork and Cooperation: Acknowledges the importance of teamwork and cooperation
- Ensure that you work to the best of your ability and demonstrate high levels of commitment to AMA Afghanistan in order to ensure the objectives of your role.
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of AMA resources in order to keep costs low and ensure safety in the workplace
- Other duties as directed
- Registered Midwife, Bachelor degree is preferred
- one year experience in similar position desirable
- Good communication skill both in writing and oral in Dari/Pashtu essential
- Communication skill in English oral and written desirable
- Two positive references from previous employers or educators.
- Ability to communicate clearly and work well with others in a team environment
- Strong commitment to midwifery profession and Midwifery Association
Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum three pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience;
To apply online please send your application / CV