Job title: Patient Aid
Afghan Midwives Association (AMA) invites all qualified candidates to apply for the following position.
Job Title: Patient aid
Job Number: AMA– # 54-11-2022
Duty Station: Kabul
Number of Positions: 1
Status: The position is Project Based
Salary and Benefits Based on NTA Grade G-1
Announcement Date: 10, Nov 2022
Closing Date: 16, Nov 2022
Afghan Midwives Association
Afghan Midwives Association (AMA)
The AMA is the technical body for midwifery education, professional development and policies that enable every midwife in Afghanistan so midwives can practice the highest level of care for the mothers and newborn of the country. The AMA is a member of key national and international forums. For example, AMA is an active member of the Human Resource Development Task Force, National Reproductive Health Task Force, The Maternal Newborn Health committee, Afghan Women Network and Secretariat for National Nursing and Midwifery Steering Committee. Similarly, at regional and international level AMA is an active member of the International Confederation of Midwives (ICM), White Ribbon Alliance (WRA) for the safe motherhood and women empowerment, also member of the Asia Midwifery Regional Resource Centre.
And protocols and MLMCC health standards, in order to warrant the quality and continuity of the health care.
Hospital patient care aid responsible and work as health care assistants specifically in a MLMCC setting. She will work under the supervision of and take direction from MLMCC midwives and staff maintain compliance with midwifery standards and MLMCC procedures.
Typical duties of a hospital patient care aid include taking hospital patients; assisting patients with basic tasks, such as bathing, dressing, and eating; preparing and administering some medications; collecting specimens for lab tests; monitoring patients and recording treatment.
The most specific tasks as below:
- To adhere to the values of Afghan Midwives Association.
- To maintain a professional attitude and appearance.
- Assist with patient assessment under direction and supervision of registered Midwives including observation of patient’s condition and response to care given.
- Reports changes in patient condition to registered Midwifery staff.
- Provides basic patient care to include but not limited to:
- Assist patients to meet nutritional needs.
- Assist patients with mobility.
- Assist patients with personal hygiene and grooming.
- Assist patients with comfort and anxiety relief.
- Assist in promoting patient safety and environmental cleanliness.
- Assist with unit management and efficiency.
- Provides toileting and bedpans as appropriate.
- Empties pools as required and requested by in charge midwife.
- Turns and positions patients.
- Assist patients with ambulation.
- Transport patients to other services in the hospital.
- Takes specimens to the laboratory and any other errands.
- Takes responsibility for the key to the linen supplies.
- Provides time off requests prior to the next month’s schedule being completed.
- Attends and participates in education in-services as indicated.
- Complies with Afghan Midwives Association policies and procedures.
- Promote respectful maternal care and women childbearing right.
- Perform any other task given by line manager.
Skills and Behaviors: AMA Values in Practice
– Commitment to AMA Values: Demonstrates knowledge of and accepts AMA values
– Cross-cultural Awareness: Demonstrates an open attitude
– Behavioral Flexibility: Adapts behavior to the needs of the situation
– Stress Management: Manages own stress
– Results and Quality Orientation: Performs her work
– Service Orientation: Responds empathetically to clients and understands their concerns/needs
– Planning and Organizing: She organizes her work
– Teamwork and Cooperation: Acknowledges the importance of teamwork and cooperation
- Ensure that you work to the best of your ability and demonstrate high levels of commitment to AMA Afghanistan in order to ensure the objectives of your role.
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of AMA resources in order to keep costs low and ensure safety in the workplace
- Other duties as directed
- At least high school diploma
- Experience in similar position desirable.
- Good health and physically fit.
- Follow directions well and be able to prioritize tasks.
- Good communication skill both in writing and oral in Dari/Pashtu essential
- Two positive references from previous employers or educators.
- Ability to communicate clearly and work well with others in a team environment
- Strong commitment to midwifery profession and Midwifery Association
Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum three pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience.
To apply online please send your application / CV
Subject line must be: (Patient aid/ AMA– #54-11-2022) otherwise your application may not have considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.
Job number: AMA– #54-11-2022
Duty station: Kabul
Application deadline: 16, Nov 2022