Position Title: Project Manager
|Based On NTA Salary Scale
|AMA– # 49-7-2022
|No. Of Jobs:
|Afghan Midwives Association
|Years of Experience:
|At least 4 years of related experience in the implementation of projects and technical experience in the area of midwifery
|3 Months might be extendable
|Registered Midwife, Bachelor’s degree is preferred
About Afghan Midwives Association:
Afghan Midwives Association (AMA)
The AMA is the technical body for midwifery education, professional development and policies that enable every midwife in Afghanistan so midwives can practice the highest level of care for the mothers and new born of the country. The AMA is a member of key national and international forums. For example, AMA is an active member of the Human Resource Development Task Force, National Reproductive Health Task Force, The Maternal New Born Health committee, Afghan Women Network and Secretariat for National Nursing and Midwifery Steering Committee. Similarly, at regional and international level AMA is an active member of the International Confederation of Midwives (ICM), White Ribbon Alliance (WRA) for the safe motherhood and women empowerment; also member of the Asia Midwifery Regional Resource Centre.
The overall purpose of this position is to technically lead the program as a part of support to the executive director. She will also have a key role to coordinate activities.
The project manager’s role is mainly to coordinate with Partners and implement the project according to the implementation plan.
Key Accountabilities• Under the direction of the Executive Director, coordinate with the team on project implementation.
• Regularly monitor the implementation of the AMA MLMCC project.
• Present the project to partners and stakeholders.
• Meet with the partners as directed by the Executive Director.
• Complete the first draft of quarterly and annual reports and demand reporting for projects.
• Identify success stories and conduct interviews and generate the first draft when necessary
• 50% filed visit.
• Arrange all the capacity-building training, and orientations to field staff.
• Conduct on-the-job training for staff.
• Provides technical support to head midwife, midwife supervisors and field staff.
• Coordinate project management activities, resources, equipment and information.
• Liaise with related stockholders to identify and define requirements, scope and objectives
• Assign tasks to MLMCC staff, and assist with schedule management.
• Analyse risks and opportunities.
• Oversee project procurement management.
• Monitor project progress in targeted HFs and handle any issues that arise.
• Issue all appropriate legal paperwork (e.g. contracts and terms of the agreement).
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans, and reports.
• Ensure standards and requirements are met through conducting quality assurance tests.
Skills and Behaviours:
AMA Values in Practice
- Ensure that you work to the best of your ability and demonstrate high levels of commitment to AMA Afghanistan in order to ensure the objectives of your role.
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of AMA resources in order to keep costs low and ensure safety in the workplace
- Other duties as directed
1. Registered Midwife, Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
2. At least 4 years of related experience in the implementation of projects and technical experience in the area of midwifery.
3. Possess strong analytical and supervisory skills.
5. Able to manage the team.
6. Good communications skill both in writing and oral in English and Dari.
7. Having previous experience with health project implementation in an international organization will be an advantage.
Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum three pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience;
To apply online please send your application / CV
Subject line must be: (Project Manager / AMA– #49-7-2022) otherwise your application may not have considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.
Job number: AMA– #49-7-72022
Duty station: Kabul
Application deadline: 31, July, 2022