Reannounced M&E Officer
|Feb 7, 2022
|Feb 14, 2022
|Number of Vacancies:
|As per company salary scale
|Years of Experience:
|2 – 3 Years
|Possibility of Contract Extension:
|Dari, Pashto, English
About Afghan Midwives Association:
In May 2005, The Afghan Midwives Association (AMA) as a membership-based association established and soon after becoming the member of International Confederation of Midwives (ICM). AMA is advocating for a strong midwifery profession, well-trained and empowered midwives and is working to strengthen the role of midwives, so that quality midwifery care is provided to women, newborns, and their families in Afghanistan.
Increasing members and partners’ support have steadily expanded the number of AMA implemented activities and its role to raise awareness for safe motherhood and improve the quality of midwifery education and health services provision. AMA started with only 80 members in 2005 and now, it is known as one of the strongest and biggest professional association in Afghanistan with more than 3500 members from 34 provinces.
The Monitoring & Evaluation officer is expected to lead the process of designing, implementing and adaptive development of the required processes, tools and activities guiding effective implementation of AMA services and achievement of the aims and objectives of the association.
The incumbent will be expected to deliver the following duties, under the supervision of AMA Director in close collaboration of the respective professionals of NAC.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Enhance the design of the M&E System of AMA:
• Develop AMA monitoring and evaluation system with support of project teams.
• Develop M&E framework including the necessary process, outcome, and impact indicators in consultation within AMA and NAC related colleagues.
• Establishment and maintenance of an appropriate & user-friendly data collection system and tools and respective guidelines for different AMA projects including checklists, recording, and reporting forms.
• Assist project teams in setting-up harmonized filing system for collected data and reports in all projects.
• Assist in organizing and conducting baseline surveys, mid-term and final evaluations as planned and needed.
• Lead the process of collecting, cleaning, analyzing, and reporting of program data related to AMA functional activities and project/program initiatives.
• Develop the detailed implementation program for the M&E system of AMA and implementation of the plan.
• Develop a detailed training program on M&E system for AMA staff, Executive board member and Board of directors; conduct the training and keep the necessary documentation, technical material, and training packages required for capacity building of AMA staff at central and provincial levels.
• Contribute to the design of Terms of References (ToR), implementation and reporting of various evaluations for specific projects and programs.
• Support the research teams of AMA and NAC to collect, store and disseminate the data and reports from various researches relevant to midwifery profession/services.
• Act as a focal point to NAC mini-Continuum of Care Centers project in Kapisa and Khost provinces and participate in joint monitoring missions to said provinces.
• Represent AMA in steering committee of mini-CCCs at provincial level.
• Track the project and other related activity of AMA and make sure the work plan of AMA is implementing well.
• Implement membership accounting policy and make sure the daily entry of AMA member’s information.
• Perform other relevant tasks assigned by AMA director.
Results/Outcome (after 1 year)
• A quality M & E system in operation.
• Facilitating effective implementation of the AMA program
• An M & E plan in place, providing direction and overall guidance to AMA in the delivery of agreed outputs.
• Monitoring Forums well-established as consultative mechanisms for review of progress in realizing the objectives and outcome of the AMA program.
• Capacity built within AMA central office and provincial branches and implementing to effectively manage and operate the M&E system.
• All necessary resource materials and manuals prepared for M&E training programs and capacity development initiatives.
• A quality assurance mechanism with all necessary checklist is developed for monitoring of AMA provincial branches.
• Maintain and functional membership reporting system at central and provincial offices.
• Functional and easy reporting system for all activities of AMA
• The M & E officer will report to AMA Director.
• The incumbent will prepare monthly and quarterly reports on progress made in realizing the objectives and outputs of the assignment.
• At the end of the first year, the incumbent will prepare an annual report focusing on the results and achievements against the above-cited outputs/results. The progress and annual reports would be forwarded to both the Director of AMA and NAC office.
Required Skills and Experience.
The incumbent is expected to have the following qualifications:
• Must hold Midwifery degree from one of recognized midwifery education institutes.
• Minimum of 1-2 years professional experience in M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities.
• Experience in planning and managing surveys.
• Experience in providing training on M&E.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Proficiency in English.
• Ability to undertake field visits.
Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum three pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience;
To apply online please send your application / CV
Subject line must be: (M&E Officer / AMA– #37-2-2022) otherwise your application may not have considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.
Job number: AMA– #37-2-2022
Duty station: Kabul, AMA Main Office
Application deadline: 14 February 2022