About Afghan Midwives Association:
Afghan Midwives Association (AMA)
The AMA is the technical body for midwifery education, professional development and policies that enable every midwife in Afghanistan so midwives can practice the highest level of care for the mothers and new born of the country. The AMA is a member of key national and international forums. For example AMA is an active member of the Human Resource Development Task Force, National Reproductive Health Task Force, The Maternal New born Health committee, Afghanistan Midwifery & Nursing Education and Accreditation Board, Afghan Women Network and Secretariat for National Nursing and Midwifery Steering Committee. Similarly, at regional and international level AMA is an active member of the International Confederation of Midwives (ICM), White Ribbon Alliance (WRA) for the safe motherhood and women empowerment; also member of the Asia Midwifery Regional Resource Centre.
The overall purpose of this position is to technically lead the project under the direction of the senior technical officer. She will also have key role to coordinate mentors activities.
The technical Assistant role is mainly to coordinate with mentors, provincial focal point, and senior technical officer of the mentorship project according to implementation plan.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Under the direction of the senior technical officer, coordinate with mentorship stakeholders on Project implementation
• Regularly monitor the implementation of projects.
• Communicate directly with mentorship senior technical officer, mentors and beneficiaries at provincial level
• Participate at AMA staff meetings when necessary
• Support the senior technical officer on proposal development as necessary
• Participate at AMA activities assigned by the AMA Executive Director
• Complete the first draft of each external assessment reports and demand reporting as assigned project under the direction of the senior technical officer if necessary
• Assist with senior technical officer to Identify success stories ,conduct interviews and generate first draft when necessary
• Arranges and attends required trainings and meetings both inside and outside the AMA Office
• Develops comprehensive work plan, structure in coordination with Senior technical officer
• Assist in the field visits in, ( Logar, Parwan, Kapisa, Khost, Panjshir and Baghlan) if necessary
• Wardak Province and provide technical assistance to the mentors.
• Assist in implementation of all technical activities of the project according to the AMA mission
• Enter mentorship project tools to mentorship database
• Carries out any other duties assigned by the Supervisor.
• Prepare monthly action plan and monthly report.
• Maintain comprehensive project documentation ( reports)
• Diploma or bachelor degree in Midwifery.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in field of midwifery
• Minimum of 3 years work experience in a relevant position
Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum three pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience;
To apply online please send your application / CV
Subject line must be: (Technical Assistant / AMA– #32-1-2022) otherwise your application may not have considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.
Job number: AMA– #32-1-2022
Duty station: Kabul, AMA Main Office
Application deadline: 08 January 2022